This pop up on the APP is common and can cause a fright, but don't worry. It's very easily resolvable and boils down most commonly to the tracker being out of charge. However, there are a few possible causes.
Firstly, follow the below steps. It is usually the case that the SIM hasn't established a connection with your tracker or watch.
*This process will need to be done if your tracker has been reactivated due to a subscription order.
1) make sure the device is charged
2) Reboot the device by switching it off and then on again (Hold down for 5 seconds Short tone off, hold down for 5 seconds long tone on) N.B - The UBEE LYNX does not have a speaker, so look for flashing lights to signal it is switched on, rather than tones.
3) place the device by a window for about an hour to allow the SIM to establish connection and activate
4) press locate on the APP every 15 minutes or so to check and eventually it will update
5) If the accuracy is slightly off, go to your APP settings and switch off the option that says "Set Local Base Station"
6) Get tracking! You're all set. You shouldn't have to go through this process ever again.
The battery is critically low or the device has run out of charge
Often, if you haven't used the tracker for a few days, the location on the app will still show a healthy battery, however this will be the last time you pressed locate. In the days of inactivity it is likely the battery has died.
This can also happen when you first receive the tracker. We aim to charge the tracker fully before despatch.
So, should you get this message. Pop your tracker of choice on charge and wait until fully charged. The flashing light on your tracker should stop and go steady.
Next, disconnect the tracker from the charging cable. Hold the button on the tracker down for about 5 seconds to switch it back on.
2) You don't have your data switched on.
In order for the APP to function correctly, your mobile must have a Wi-Fi signal or mobile data switched on. Should you be out and about, but have your data switched off, this message will display.
3) You haven't ordered a Subscription
Without an active subscription, the tracker simply cannot send data back to your mobile phone. So it will appear offline.
At UBEEQUEE we pride ourselves on being customer focused, so if you don't order a subscription straight away, we will give you 7 days complimentary. If you haven't purchased a subscription (found here) after the 7 days elapse, then your SIM will be disabled. We are a friendly bunch, so please get in touch if you'd like some advice on subscriptions.
4) Your device is flashing blue and will not connect
If your tracker is flashing despite not being on charge, it means that it is hunting for a signal. Should you see the flashing light, firstly try to reboot your tracker by switching it off and back on again. Then, place your tracker on a windowsill so it has a better line of sight with GPS Satellites. Once the tracker re-establishes a connection (which may take 10-15 minutes) you will be good to go.
5) Reboot your device/ Reboot device after receiving confirmation that your subscription has been linked to your tracker.
If your tracker recently ran out of charge, upon charging the tracker up it will need to be switched back on. To do this, disconnect the tracker from the charging cable and hold down the button for around 5 seconds. Short tone is off/Long tone is on.
6) Contact us
Sometimes, we may need to refresh the SIM card so it reconnects to your tracker. If none of the above have worked. Please do contact us via our contact form here
Please also download our Troubleshooting guides here.