This pop up on the APP is common and can cause a fright, but don't worry. It's very easily resolvable and boils down most commonly to the tracker being out of charge. However, there are a few possible causes.
*This process will also need to be done if your tracker has been reactivated due to a subscription order.
1) make sure the device is charged
2) Reboot the device by switching it off and then on again (Hold down for 5 seconds Short tone off, hold down for 5 seconds long tone on) N.B - The UBEE LYNX does not have a speaker, so look for flashing lights to signal it is switched on, rather than tones.
3) place the device by a window for about an hour to allow the SIM to establish connection and activate
4) press locate on the APP every 15 minutes or so to check and eventually it will update
5) If the accuracy is slightly off, go to your APP settings and switch off the option that says "Set Local Base Station"
6) Get tracking! You're all set. You shouldn't have to go through this process ever again.
The battery is critically low or the device has run out of charge
Often, if you haven't used the tracker for a few days, the location on the app will still show a healthy battery, however this will be the last time you pressed locate. In the days of inactivity it is likely the battery has died.
This can also happen when you first receive the tracker. We aim to charge the tracker fully before despatch.
So, should you get this message. Pop your tracker of choice on charge and wait until fully charged. The flashing light on your tracker should stop and go steady.
Next, disconnect the tracker from the charging cable. Hold the button on the tracker down for about 5 seconds to switch it back on.
2) You don't have your data switched on.
In order for the APP to function correctly, your mobile must also have a Wi-Fi signal or mobile data switched on. Should you be out and about, but have your data switched off, this message will display.
3) You haven't ordered a Subscription
Without an active subscription, the tracker simply cannot send data back to your mobile phone. So it will appear offline.
Subscriptions can be ordered here - https://www.ubeequee.com/subscriptions
4) Your device is flashing blue and will not connect
If your tracker is flashing despite not being on charge, it means that it is hunting for a signal. Should you see the flashing light, firstly try to reboot your tracker by switching it off and back on again. Then, place your tracker on a windowsill so it has a better line of sight with GPS Satellites. Once the tracker re-establishes a connection (which may take 10-15 minutes) you will be good to go.
5) Reboot your device/ Reboot device after receiving confirmation that your subscription has been linked to your tracker.
Your tracker may have been suspended. To reactivate, switch the tracker off via the button on the device and then back on again. Allow up to 30 minutes for reconnection.
To check that your device is back on, click the button on the device once. It should flash back at you.
6) Contact us
Sometimes, we may need to refresh the SIM card so it reconnects to your tracker. If none of the above have worked. Please do contact us via our contact form here
Please also download our Troubleshooting guides here.